Street Meet Festival relies on volunteers like you. Interested in the arts? Interested in making a difference while having a rewarding volunteer experience?
Street Meet: Saskatoon’s Annual Street, Public & Graffiti Art Festival is seeking volunteers to help make the 4th annual year a success. Volunteering at Street Meet is a great way to see amazing art, hear from amazing speakers, make new friends, and drive the momentum of this community festival. Volunteers are the faces of Street Meet, working with Board Members and the Festival Director in the Riversdale area to ensure the event’s continued success.
PRE-Festival Support Crew
June 24th– July 21st, 2016
These positions are not fully outlined yet. Positions generally include shifts for ‘Postering,’ ‘Promotions,’ ‘Drivers-Festival Errands.’
Festival Support Crew
July 22nd, July 23rd, July 24th, 2016
These positions are not fully outlined yet. Positions generally include shifts for ‘Workshop Volunteers,’ ‘Hospitality person,’ ‘Shuttle Drivers’, ‘Food Donations’, ‘Set up/take down’, and ‘On-Call.’
* Please indicate if you are available for shifts for the PRE-Festival Support Crew or Festival Support Crew.
General Expectations of Volunteers:
- To fulfill tasks collaboratively and independently.
- Support Festival Director and other volunteer board members.
- Must be based in Saskatoon.
- Volunteers should have some understanding of the Street Meet Festival experience and the Riversdale community, whether as a volunteer, employee, resident, or through other forms of participation.
- Shifts: The number of hours expected to ‘work’ each day will be managed in tandem with other volunteers and the successful completion of tasks. Volunteers will ideally work 1-3hrs a week from the months of April 2016 up until July 2016.
- Shift during the festival: Shifts are scheduled for a minimum of three hours. Board members volunteers are expected to work a minimum of one shift, each day for the three day Festival, to keep things organized, casual and fun.
Some Volunteer Benefits:
- Meet and network with interesting and creative people within the art community in Saskatoon.
- The opportunity to work with local, national and international artists, teachers, curators and writers.
- Gain valuable experience while contributing to the organization of a popular local art event.
- We reserve a spot for you to participate in our feature artist led workshop.
- An amazing good time.